28 September 2014

Leopard Print Nail Art Inspired by Very Emily

Hello guys, hope you are having a nice weekend! I decided to recreate one of my favorite nail art looks from the incredible Very Emily today:


To achieve this look, I started with a base of Essie Urban Jungle on my outer two nails, China Glaze Petal to the Metal on my middle nail, and Cult DTLA on my ring finger. I used a striping brush to make the abstract leopard print and the heart.


While I like this pattern a lot, I feel like the outer nails definitely don't look like leopard print! I do love the combination of neon and neutral though, and I really love throwing black polish into the mix as well.


I think overall this was a really simple and cute manicure, so I'm pretty satisfied with it!


Here are the polishes I used. The Cult polish can be purchased here (use the code KELLI for 15% off), and the China Glaze and Essie polishes can be purchased here (use the code POLISHCHALLENGE for 15% off.)

I hope you enjoyed my little recreation from Very Emily. She actually recreated one of my old manis today too - you can see her post here. And if you don't already, you absolutely must follow her! Emily is not only a talented nail artist, but she does amazing swatches as well. 

What do you think of my simple skittle nail art?


12 comments:

  1. Oh, they are gorgeous! I think I really need to get that gorgeous nude from Essie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These nails are cute! I haven't done leopard print in a while too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lisa! You really should, they're so easy and look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really do, I keep finding myself using it in nail art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these nails - I'm a huge fan of the color combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do! I love this style of leopard print.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you did an amazing job with this nail art! Def makes me want to try to re-create the look! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! And your leopard print is spot-on! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.